A little bit of chilli adds zing to this quick and easy steak salad.
The ingredient of Beef salad with cellophane noodles
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- 3 (120g each) beef sirloin steaks
- 140g cellophane (mung bean) noodles
- 500mls (2 cups) vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 150g snow peas, topped
- 250g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g bean sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil, extra
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Beef salad with cellophane noodles
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with paper towel. Use scissors to cut the noodles into small bundles. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over high heat until a noodle puffs immediately when added. Carefully add 1 bundle of noodles and cook for 2-3 seconds or until noodles puff. Use a slotted spoon to transfer noodles to the lined tray. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until tender crisp. Drain and refresh in iced water. Drain well.
- Cut the steaks across the grain into 1cm-thick slices and place in a large bowl. Add the snow peas, tomatoes, sprouts, mint and chilli. Toss gently.
- Combine the sugar, lemon juice, fish sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the extra oil until the dressing thickens slightly. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss gently. Divide the noodles among serving plates and top with the salad.
Nutritions of Beef salad with cellophane noodlescalories: 338.663 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 21 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 52 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 263.37 milligrams sodium