Sticky chicken meatballs pair perfectly with soba noodles in this easy teriyaki stir-fry.
The ingredient of Sticky teriyaki meatballs with soba noodles
- 4 green onions
- 500g chicken mince
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin seasoning
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 180g dried soba noodles
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved lengthways, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 25g snow pea sprouts, trimmed, halved
The instruction how to make Sticky teriyaki meatballs with soba noodles
- Finely chop 1/2 the onions. Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and chopped onion in a bowl. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place soy sauce, mirin seasoning, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in 2 batches, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add soy mixture to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add meatballs. Simmer, tossing meatballs in soy mixture, for a further 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and coated in the sticky soy mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, adding snow peas and asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add lemon juice and reserved soy mixture. Toss to combine.
- Thinly slice remaining green onion. Add to noodle mixture. Toss to combine. Divide noodle mixture among bowls. Top with meatballs and sprouts. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Sticky teriyaki meatballs with soba noodlescalories: 733.969 calories
calories: 23.6 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 84.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43.2 grams protein
calories: 122 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 3827 milligrams sodium