This speedy stir fry is very versatile. Swap the shiitake mushrooms for any you have on hand. You can also swap the baby spinach for gai lan or other Asian greens, and the broccolini for carrot, broccoli or capsicum.
The ingredient of Crispy beef and shiitake noodles
- 450g fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 200g fresh shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp Kewpie Roasted Sesame Dressing, plus extra, to serve
- 460g beef stir-fry strips
- 3 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- 200g bunch broccolini, halved lengthways
- 100g baby spinach
- 60ml (1/4 cup) oyster sauce
- Sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- Sliced fresh red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy beef and shiitake noodles
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add half the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Stir in sesame dressing. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the beef, ginger paste, five spice, Shaoxing wine and remaining garlic in a bowl. Mix well, then transfer the beef to a large sealable plastic bag. Add the cornflour, seal and shake to coat.
- Heat about 1 tbs peanut oil in wok or pan over high heat. Add a third of the beef. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Add the broccolini to the wok or pan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add the noodles and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute, until wilted. Return the mushroom and beef to the wok or pan, add the oyster sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide the noodle mixture among serving bowls. Drizzle with the extra dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli.
Nutritions of Crispy beef and shiitake noodlescalories: 602.041 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44 grams protein