Chilli and fresh Thai basil take this pork fried rice to the next level.
The ingredient of Thai pork fried rice
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and sliced thinly crossways
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 150g pork leg steak, sliced thinly across the grain
- 5 green onions, trimmed and sliced into 2 cm lengths on the diagonal
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil, extra
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Lebanese cucumber sliced into thin rounds
- 1/3 cup Thai basil leaves
The instruction how to make Thai pork fried rice
- Whisk the eggs lightly with a fork and season well with salt and pepper. Heat the wok over a high heat with 1 teaspoon of rice bran oil. Pour the eggs into the wok and tip the wok quickly to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute then turn onto a chopping board. Roll the omelette and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same wok over a high heat. Stir-fry the onion, garlic and chilli for 30 seconds or until just beginning to soften.
- Add the pork and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add the rice and toss over the heat for 1 minute. Add the green onion, soy and oyster sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato and toss to combine. Transfer the rice to a serving plate.
- Serve the fried rice topped with the omelette strips, cucumber and Thai basil.
Nutritions of Thai pork fried ricecalories: 930.666 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 167 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 131 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 915.85 milligrams sodium