This fragrant fried rice incorporates lup chong for authentic Chinese flavour.
The ingredient of Chinese fried rice
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil
- 5 (30g each) dried Chinese pork sausages, thinly sliced (see note)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways, to serve
The instruction how to make Chinese fried rice
- Cook rice following absorption method on packet until tender. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread rice over prepared tray. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Combine eggs and half the sesame oil in a jug. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Add one-third of the egg mixture. Swirl to coat. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Remove to a board. Roll up. Thinly slice. Repeat twice with remaining peanut oil and egg mixture.
- Add sausage and onion to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage has browned. Add garlic and chopped chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce, peas and remaining sesame oil. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Top with egg and sliced chilli. Serve.
Nutritions of Chinese fried ricecalories: 513.133 calories
calories: 19.1 grams fat
calories: 5.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 66 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 161 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 862 milligrams sodium