Let Curtis Stone feed your family with his delicious stir-fried rice noodles & beef with Nuoc Cham marinated mango.
The ingredient of Stir-fried rice noodles and beef with nuoc cham marinated mango
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 cm piece (20g) fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 500g eye fillet steak, fat and sinew trimmed, meat cut into 3/4 cm thick slices
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Zest of 1 lime, plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/2 long red chilli, finely chopped (1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 firm ripe mango, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 200g pad thai rice noodles
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into long matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on a sharp diagonal
The instruction how to make Stir-fried rice noodles and beef with nuoc cham marinated mango
- In medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Marinate beef slices in 2 tablespoons of mixture for about 10 mins. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, lime zest and juice, and chilli and fold in the mango. Marinate for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook for 5 mins, or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a Curtis Stone Everyday Wok over high heat for 2 mins, or until it is very hot and a wisp of white smoke comes off it. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the beef slices. Cook for 1 min, or until the beef begins to caramelise but is still rare. Transfer beef slices and any juices to a plate.
- Stir remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the carrot into the hot wok, then stir in remaining sauce, beef, any juice from the beef, and 2 tablespoons of water. Add noodles and stir-fry for 1 min, or until the noodles are tender and carrot is just tender.
- Divide noodle mixture among 4 bowls. Arrange beef slices over noodles. Serve the marinated mango alongside and spoon remaining marinade from the mangoes around the noodles. Sprinkle with basil and spring onions and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Stir-fried rice noodles and beef with nuoc cham marinated mangocalories: 488.755 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 3.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.9 grams sugar
calories: 46.2 grams protein
calories: 148 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1043 milligrams sodium