Make cooking easy with this delicious one-pan Greek chicken dish infused with garlic, lemon and onion.
The ingredient of One-pan Greek chicken with rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Coles RSPCA approved chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 cups (400g) medium-grain rice
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 4 oregano sprigs
- 1/2 cup whole artichokes in brine, drained, halved
- 80g fetta, crumbled
- 100g Perino tomatoes, halved
- Oregano sprigs, extra, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, extra, to drizzle
The instruction how to make One-pan Greek chicken with rice
- Heat the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until starting to brown. Add garlic and lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until fragrant. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add stock, lemon juice, oregano and 2/3 cup (160ml) water. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 mins or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with artichokes, fetta and tomato. Garnish with extra oregano and drizzle with extra oil.
Nutritions of One-pan Greek chicken with ricecalories: