Need some weeknight inspiration in a hurry? Forget the takeaways when you can create this tasty Asian stir-fry with a few simple ingredients.
The ingredient of Korean barbecue chicken fried rice
- 100ml peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 barbecue chicken, meat shredded
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, white and pale green parts, chopped
- 1/4 savoy cabbage, outer leaves discarded, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups (120g) long-grain rice, cooked to packet instructions, cooled
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons chilli paste
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
The instruction how to make Korean barbecue chicken fried rice
- For the barbecue sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season with pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat. Add the egg and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until softly scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbs oil to the pan with the chicken and half the barbecue sauce. Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes until caramelised. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbs oil to pan with chilli, spring onion, cabbage and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the rice and remaining barbecue sauce, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes to warm through. Increase heat to high and cook for a further 6 minutes or until rice begins to crisp around the edges. Remove from heat and stir through reserved chicken, egg and half the coriander.
- Divide rice among bowls. Serve topped with sesame, extra chilli and remaining coriander.
Nutritions of Korean barbecue chicken fried ricecalories: