Take everyday steak dinners to new heights with just a few simple Asian ingredients.
The ingredient of Asian-style marinated steaks
- 4 beef blade steaks
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Honey & Soy Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder (see note)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cooked thin hokkien noodles, to serve
- Steamed Asian greens (such as bok choy or gai lum), to serve
The instruction how to make Asian-style marinated steaks
- Place steaks into a ceramic dish in a single layer. Combine marinade, garlic, ginger and five-spice powder in a jug. Whisk until well combined. Pour marinade mixture over steaks. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Spray lightly with oil. Drain steaks, reserving marinade. Add steaks to frying pan. Cook for 4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add reserved marinade to frying pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced and thickened slightly.
- Place steaks, noodles and greens onto serving plates. Spoon over sauce. Serve.
Nutritions of Asian-style marinated steakscalories: 601.802 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 80 grams protein
calories: 1018.23 milligrams sodium