Taco Tuesday just went healthy (and Japanese!) with these quick and easy beef tacos. Ready in 17 minutes, theyre perfect for midweek meals.
The ingredient of Healthy Japanese tacos recipe
- 10g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 500g beef stir-fry strips
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce or marinade
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1/2 small daikon, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons mirin
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- Nori strips, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy Japanese tacos recipe
- Place mushrooms in a medium heatproof bowl. Add boiling water to cover. Leave for 5 minutes to soften. Combine beef, teriyaki sauce and wasabi paste in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add beef in batches, cook, stir-frying 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain mushrooms and squeeze excess moisture. Roughly chop or slice. Add mushroom to beef and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine daikon, carrot and cucumber in a bowl. Add mirin. Toss to combine and season. Place two lettuce leaves on each serving plate. Top with salad mixture and beef. Scatter with nori strips, sesame seeds and sliced chilli to serve.
Nutritions of Healthy Japanese tacos recipecalories: