Grilled tuna steak tastes terrific sandwiched in matzo with avocado, wasabi cream and a squeeze of lime.
The ingredient of Tuna burgers with wasabi cream
- 650g fresh tuna steaks
- 5 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, to serve
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 12 matzo
- 100g (1 punnet) snow pea sprouts, to serve
- 1 large avocado, quartered, deseeded, thinly sliced, to serve
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, to serve
- 200g sour light cream
- 2 teaspoons wasabi
- 2 teaspoons mirin (rice wine)
The instruction how to make Tuna burgers with wasabi cream
- Cut tuna steaks into chunks. Place in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 2-3 times or until the tuna is just chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the green shallots, ginger, chilli, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty about 9cm in diameter and 2cm thick and place onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile: Run a vegetable peeler down the length of the cucumber to form long ribbons. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Make wasabi cream: Combine the sour light cream, wasabi and mirin in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue on high. Brush both sides of the tuna patties with the peanut oil and cook on the preheated chargrill or barbecue for 30 seconds on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To serve, top 6 matzo with the snow pea sprouts, tuna patties, avocado, wasabi cream and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with remaining matzo and accompanied by lime wedges.
Nutritions of Tuna burgers with wasabi creamcalories: 808.059 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 111 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 44 grams protein
calories: 281.07 milligrams sodium