For a fun and fresh take on tacos, try this sticky Korean beef and pickled carrot twist.
The ingredient of Korean sticky beef and pickled carrot tacos
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 100g sachet Korean bulgogi marinade
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 8 mini flour tortillas
- Japanese-style mayonnaise, to serve
- Green onion, shredded, to serve
The instruction how to make Korean sticky beef and pickled carrot tacos
- Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine garlic, ginger and marinade in a jug. Pour over beef. Turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage, carrot and vinegar in a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook onion and capsicum, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until charred and just starting to soften. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Cook beef for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium, or until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, wipe pan clean. Heat remaining oil in pan over high heat. Cook tortillas, 1 at a time, for 10 seconds each side or until browned and heated through, adding a little extra oil to pan if needed.
- Slice beef. Divide capsicum mixture, beef and cabbage mixture among tortillas. Serve topped with mayonnaise and green onion.
Nutritions of Korean sticky beef and pickled carrot tacoscalories: 608.016 calories
calories: 26.3 grams fat
calories: 7.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 47.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 39.8 grams protein
calories: 108 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1171 milligrams sodium