Mouth-watering Korean flavours spring to life in this super-easy, traditional steak dish.
The ingredient of Beef bulgogi
- 1 750g piece beef fillet
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths, finely shredded
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Beef bulgogi
- Wrap the beef well in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until partially frozen. Use a sharp knife to cut the beef into wafer-thin slices.
- Place the beef in a bowl with the soy sauce, oil, sugar, garlic and green shallots. Season with salt and pepper, and toss well. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to marinate (or overnight if time permits).
- Preheat a barbecue plate over high heat. Add half the beef and cook, turning once, for 30-40 seconds or until just cooked. Transfer to a serving plate, cover loosely with foil and repeat with the remaining beef. Serve immediately. (Alternatively, preheat a flat chargrill or large heavy-based frying pan over high heat and cook the beef in 2 batches.)
Nutritions of Beef bulgogicalories: 210.081 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 989.76 milligrams sodium