Known as bulgogi, this style of marinated beef is ubiquitous in Korean barbecue restaurants.
The ingredient of Korean beef lettuce cups
- 600g piece beef sirloin steak, fat trimmed
- 1 onion, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 cup cooked Basmati rice
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Korean beef lettuce cups
- Freeze steak for 15 minutes (this will make it easier to slice thinly), then cut into thin strips. Using a rolling pin, flatten each strip to 2mm thick.
- Combine onion, garlic, soy, sesame oil, ginger and sugar in a bowl. Add beef, turn to coat, then marinate in pan in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill to high. Cook beef, in batches if necessary, for 10 seconds each side until just cooked.
- Divide rice among lettuce cups, top with slices of beef and scatter with spring onion and chilli. Drizzle over beef cooking juices to serve.
Nutritions of Korean beef lettuce cupscalories: