This mega-delicious, chocolatey banana bread is a slice of heaven you wont be able to resist!
The ingredient of Choc-chip banana bread
- 2 cups Lighthouse cake, sponge and steamed bun self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (see note)
- 1 cup dark choc chips
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup pure cream
The instruction how to make Choc-chip banana bread
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C/150u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan on long sides.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together in a small bowl. Add milk mixture, butter and banana to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Fold through choc chips. Spoon into pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of bread comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking). Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack top-side up to cool completely.
- Place chocolate and cream in a medium heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until melted and smooth.
- Place bread on a serving plate. Spread chocolate mixture over loaf. Set aside for 1 hour or until set. Cut into slices. Serve.
Nutritions of Choc-chip banana breadcalories: 526.995 calories
calories: 23.8 grams fat
calories: 14.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 71.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 63 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 369 milligrams sodium