Give pork buns a fun new twist by serving them in steamed shallot buns.
The ingredient of Pineapple satay pork with shallot steamed buns
- 190g (1/3 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 20g palm sugar, grated
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 long fresh red chillies, thinly sliced
- 650g pork fillet, trimmed
- 250ml coconut milk
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Fresh bean sprouts, to serve
- Fresh pineapple batons, to serve
The instruction how to make Pineapple satay pork with shallot steamed buns
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Use a stick blender to blend peanut butter, lime rind, juice, lemongrass, sugar, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice, fish sauce and 1 chilli until smooth.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray pork with oil. Season. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Pour over 1 1/2 tbs satay sauce. Roast for 12 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Slice pork.
- Meanwhile, combine milk, shallot and salt in a bowl. Sift over flour. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Roll into a 7cm- thick log. Cut into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a 13cm oval. Fold in half. Place each piece of dough on a small square of baking paper. Cook buns in a bamboo steamer over a saucepan of boiling water over high heat, covered, for 12 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- Serve buns with pork, coriander, sprouts, pineapple, remaining chilli and satay sauce on the side.
Nutritions of Pineapple satay pork with shallot steamed bunscalories: 717.478 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 68 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53 grams protein