Making your own tomato chutney at home is easy and budget-friendly with this recipe up your sleeve. If theres too much to eat at home, consider giving a few jars away as gifts!
The ingredient of Tomato chutney
- 2 large red onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 x 800g cans chopped Italian Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 tablespoon salt
The instruction how to make Tomato chutney
- Place all ingredients, and freshly ground black pepper, into a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised jars. (see note) Cover jars with a clean tea towel. Cool completely. Top with lids and label.
Nutritions of Tomato chutneycalories: