Preserve fresh fruit to enjoy year-round in this modern mango chilli chutney.
The ingredient of Mango and chilli chutney
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 8 cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 red birdu2019s-eye chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 16 curry leaves (see note)
- 600ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm pieces
- 6 under-ripe mangoes, peeled, cheeks cut into 1cm pieces
- 660g (3 cups firmly packed) brown sugar
The instruction how to make Mango and chilli chutney
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, garam masala, cardamom, chillies and curry leaves, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and apples, and cook for 10 minutes or until apples are softened.
- Add mangoes and sugar, and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon hot chutney into warm sterilised jars and seal while hot.
Nutritions of Mango and chilli chutneycalories: