The ingredient of Provencale prawn soup with pistou
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light olive oil
- 12 large cooked prawns, peeled (heads discarded, shells reserved), deveined
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 slices (50g) ciabatta or sourdough bread, soaked in 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Small basil leaves, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch basil (100g), leaves picked
- 1 firmly packed cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan
- 100ml olive oil
The instruction how to make Provencale prawn soup with pistou
- Heat 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a large heavybased pan over medium heat. Add prawn shells and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add paste and cook for 1 minute. Add just enough water to cover shells and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170u00b0C. Toss the cherry tomatoes with remaining tablespoon of oil and roast on a baking tray for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Puree cooled prawn stock in a blender (with shells) until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve. Clean the blender, then add the capsicum, tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, oil-soaked bread and 50ml water. Blend until smooth, then add stock, cayenne and sugar. Season with salt, then blend to combine. Chill soup until ready to serve.
- For the pistou, process ingredients to a paste in a food processor. Season well and loosen with a little oil if necessary.
- Divide soup among serving bowls, then top with prawns and roasted tomatoes. Drizzle with pistou and garnish with basil.
Nutritions of Provencale prawn soup with pistoucalories: 624.746 calories
calories: 53 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 91 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 416.73 milligrams sodium