When the scent of ripe mangoes is in the air, you know summer is here. Theyre the key ingredient in this spiced chutney, which is great with Christmas ham.
The ingredient of Mango & brandy chutney
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 large red onions, finely chopped
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) brandy
- 6 large mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 530g (2 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) apple cider vinegar
The instruction how to make Mango & brandy chutney
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook for 2 minutes or until the seeds start to pop. Add the onion and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the brandy and cook for 1 minute. Add mango, sugar and vinegar. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the chutney thickens.
- Divide the hot chutney among sterilised jars and seal. Invert the jars for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Nutritions of Mango & brandy chutneycalories: 23.9 calories
calories: 0.5 grams fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates