Classic spinach and feta triangles get a festive twist in this easy vegetarian finger food recipe.
The ingredient of Spinach and cheese bonbons with beetroot chutney recipe
- 1 bunch (about 200g) English spinach, leaves and stems chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 200g Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 375g pkt (16 sheets) filo pastry
- 140g salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Fresh chives, to serve
- 150g (1/2 cup) tomato chutney
- 90g pre-cooked beetroot, coarsely grated
The instruction how to make Spinach and cheese bonbons with beetroot chutney recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place spinach in a small saucepan with 2 tbs water. Cover. Cook for 4 minutes or until wilted. Drain. Set aside to cool. Wipe pan clean.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat. Cook leek for 6 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Use hands to squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Place in a large bowl with leek, ricotta, feta, egg and dill. Season. Mix well.
- Cut filo in half crossways. Stack 4 pieces, brushing each with butter. Spread 1 u20443 cup spinach mixture along long edge of filo stack into a 7cm log, leaving 3cm at each end. Roll up tightly. Pinch ends to seal into a bonbon shape. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining filo and spinach mixture to make 12 bonbons in total. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Gently tie each end of bonbons with a chive.
- To make chutney, mix together tomato chutney and beetroot in a small serving bowl.
- Serve the bonbons with beetroot chutney.
Nutritions of Spinach and cheese bonbons with beetroot chutney recipecalories: