This relish is delicious served with crusty wood-fired bread or as an accompaniment to barbecued lamb or chicken.
The ingredient of Eggplant and olive relish
- 2 medium eggplant
- Salt, for degorging
- 125mls 1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 55g (1/3 cup) Kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Fresh oregano sprigs to garnish
The instruction how to make Eggplant and olive relish
- Coarsely chop the eggplant and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place in a colander and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Rinse the egg- plant well under cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, capsicum and garlic and stir to coat with the olive oil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until the eggplant has softened.
- Remove from heat and transfer eggplant mixture to a heat-resistant bowl to cool for 10 minutes. Stir through the olives and oregano and serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with the oregano sprigs.
Nutritions of Eggplant and olive relishcalories: