Try the Mediterranean flavour of saffron with rice and spicy chicken.
The ingredient of Spiced chicken with saffron rice
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 550g chicken tenderloins, trimmed, tendons removed
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads (see note)
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced chicken with saffron rice
- Combine curry powder, sugar, garlic and salt in a ceramic dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat a barbecue plate on high heat.
- Pour stock and 1 cup water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Stir in rice and saffron. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the liquid. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Place chutney in a small saucepan. Add 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Lightly spray chicken with oil. Reduce barbecue plate heat to medium. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Spoon rice onto plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle with chutney sauce. Top with coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Spiced chicken with saffron ricecalories: 431.634 calories
calories: 3.8 grams fat
calories: 0.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.5 grams protein
calories: 97 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 610 milligrams sodium