*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Chicken, bacon and cheddar sausage rolls
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 rashers middle bacon, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small granny smith apple, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets butter puff pastry, thawed
- Sesame or poppy seeds, for sprinkling
The instruction how to make Chicken, bacon and cheddar sausage rolls
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- Make egg wash by beating egg into milk, set aside.
- Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, cheddar, bacon, onion, apple, carrot, parsley and chutney in a large bowl, season generously with salt and pepper and knead with clean hands until sticky.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Shape meat into logs along the centre of each piece of pastry, brush one edge with egg wash and firmly roll pastry over the meat, pressing to enclose edge. Now cut each length into 4 sausage rolls.
- Arrange sausage rolls on a prepared tray, brush with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with seeds. Bake at in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm with extra tomato relish.
Nutritions of Chicken, bacon and cheddar sausage rollscalories: