This vegetarian meatloaf is delicious paired with sweet tomato relish and mushy peas.
The ingredient of Mushroom & nutmeat loaf with tomato relish
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g cap mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 415g can nutmeat (Sanitarium brand)
- 3 eggs
- 30g (1/3 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 125ml (1/2 cup) tomato chutney with red pepper (Baxters brand)
- Peas, cooked and mashed, to serve
The instruction how to make Mushroom & nutmeat loaf with tomato relish
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Brush a 9 x 19cm (base measurement) non-stick loaf pan with oil to lightly grease.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat.
- Place nutmeat and eggs in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl with mushroom mixture, breadcrumbs and parsley, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Press nutmeat mixture into prepared pan. Cover with foil and place in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach two-thirds of the way up the sides of the loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until set.
- Turn nutmeat loaf onto a chopping board and cut into 8 slices. Divide peas among serving plates. Top with nutmeat loaf and a dollop of tomato chutney. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mushroom & nutmeat loaf with tomato relishcalories: 408.69 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32 grams protein