This rolled loin of pork with mushroom stuffing & parsnip chutney is a modern take on an old favourite.
The ingredient of Rolled loin of pork with mushroom stuffing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 400g mixed mushrooms (brown and cup), finely chopped
- 2kg rolled pork loin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 350g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
The instruction how to make Rolled loin of pork with mushroom stuffing
- To make parsnip chutney, place parsnip, onion, vinegar, orange juice and zest in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 mins, until parsnip is tender. Remove from heat. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add ginger and curry powder. Mix to combine. Cook over low heat for 45-50 mins, until thick. Cool. Place in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, until soft. Add pancetta and cook for 3 minutes, until brown. Add garlic and sage and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Increase heat to high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and dry. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 240C or 220C fan. Remove pork from netting and lay flat, on a clean board, skin side up. Using a sharp knife, score skin. Turn the pork over and spread it with mushroom stuffing. Re-roll pork and tie with kitchen string, to secure.
- Place pork on rack in a baking tin. Drizzle remaining oil over skin and rub in salt, pressing into scores. Cook for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 200C or 180C fan and cook for another 1 hour 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with parsnip chutney.
Nutritions of Rolled loin of pork with mushroom stuffingcalories: