Mince and potato pasties make a great stand-by meal or a tasty lunch.
The ingredient of Mince and potato pasties
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large Desiree potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 cup Changs Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup tomato chutney, to serve
The instruction how to make Mince and potato pasties
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes. Stir in onion, potato, sweet chilli, lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool completely. Stir in coriander.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Cut two 14cm rounds from each pastry sheet. Spoon 1/4 cup mince mixture onto each round. Brush edges with water. Pinch pastry together to enclose filling. Press edges to seal and form frills. Stand pasties, frill side up, on a baking tray.
- Brush pasties with egg. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with tomato chutney.
Nutritions of Mince and potato pastiescalories: