Create an Asian meal to remember starring this flavoursome prosperity salad. It can easily be doubled to serve a crowd, too.
The ingredient of Prosperity salad
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 8 wonton wrappers, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 telegraph cucumber, halved, seeded, cut into long thin strips
- 1 carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pickled ginger
- 1 pomelo, cut into segments
- 250g thinly sliced sashimi salmon (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Yeos sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
The instruction how to make Prosperity salad
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Deep-fry wonton strips, in batches, for 30 seconds or until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Arrange cucumber, carrot, capsicum, lettuce, radish, onion, ginger, pomelo, salmon and fried wonton strips on a platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Make Plum Dressing: Place plum and soy sauces, vinegar, sesame oil and five spice in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons warm water. Whisk to combine. Pour over salad (see notes). Serve.
Nutritions of Prosperity saladcalories: 483.736 calories
calories: 26.5 grams fat
calories: 4.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 38.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22.3 grams protein
calories: 42 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1039 milligrams sodium