These scallops are lightly grilled so they retain their sweetness and succulence, while the ginger-soy dressing adds punch.
The ingredient of Scallops with ginger and shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Japanese sushi & sashimi soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sushi seasoning
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 30 (about 500g) scallops, roe removed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- White pepper
- Peanut oil, extra, to grease
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Scallops with ginger and shallots
- Place the ginger, soy sauce, sushi seasoning and sugar in a bowl. Use a balloon whisk to whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the scallops and oil in a bowl. Season with white pepper. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Brush with extra oil to grease. Cook one-third of scallops for 20-30 seconds each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a separate bowl. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining scallops.
- Divide the scallops and a little of the dressing among serving spoons. Sprinkle with shallots to serve.
Nutritions of Scallops with ginger and shallotscalories: 38.479 calories
calories: 1 grams fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 8 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 357.33 milligrams sodium